Tamas Kárpáthegyi is a Partner at Andersen in Hungary. He focuses on banking, finance, regulatory compliance, capital market transactions and general corporate and commercial law.
Additionally, Tamas is the leader of the firm’s data privacy practice and regularly advises clients on multijurisdictional data protection schemes, compliance audits, e-commerce, and smart contracts.
Tamas holds an LL.M. degree from Columbia Law School, New York.
His recent experience includes:
- advising a Hungarian issuer on a HUF 10 billion debt offering and planned MTF listing;
- advising an Israeli group on the sale of a 44,000 square meter shopping mall;
- advising a global payment card company on its reorganization and passporting matters in relation to Brexit;
- advising a regulated financial service provider on the conclusion of contracts by electronic means;
- advising a number of large U.S. corporations on securities filing requirements concerning stock employee incentive schemes;
- representing the owners of a leading online insurance broker during the sale of the company to a private equity house;
- advising a Luxembourg-based property fund on the acquisition of a logistics center in Hungary;
- advising a real estate company on the recapitalization and preferential tax treatment restructuring of its holding structure in Hungary;
- advising a number of multinational corporations on a wide range of data protection matters including U.S. Safe Harbor / Privacy Shield compliance, EU model contracts, data breach notifications, etc.;
- performing the data privacy audit of an IT system connecting 41 health care institutions to enable migration of patient medical records.